A Day Of Trekking On The Magdalen Peninsula, Amongst Archaeological Sites And Snorkelling.
A unique excursion in a truly incredible setting; the Magdalen Peninsula, on the south side of Syracuse, is rich in historical intrigue and nature. You will start the trekking from the eastern coast of the peninsula, guided by an expert geologist, and you will discover a range of archaeological sites of various eras and types kilns and extraction quarries).
You will have the chance to see the antique remains of a devastating tsunami, as well as remains from more recent great storms. You will visit the caves and old ports of different eras (from classical Greek to Roman) along the coast of the reserve. The geologists will show you evidence that, over time, the coastal communities of this area have had to confront the problem of rising sea levels. If you want, during the summer months, you can go snorkeling and enjoy the stunning seabeds typical of this reserve! The half-day tour is of medium difficulty, involving approximately 4 hours of walking. From 9.00 to 13.00. The full-day tour is more difficult (not recommended for children), involving approximately 7 hours of walking. From 9.00 to 16.00.
- Guided tour (half or full day) of the Plemmirio Nature Reserve, Syracuse.
- Geological guide.
- Transfer (available on request as an extra).
- Packed lunch (extra).
- Snorkel and flippers (extra).
- Everything else that is not specified in the “included”.
You are advised to wear trekking clothing and a sunhat and to bring sun cream, a beach towel, and shoes for the water.
For more information contact us
- Villa Rubino – Wonderful house with private pool in CataniaVilla Rubino is Immersed in a park with many olive trees bordering a beautiful and artistic Via Crucis made by the famous ceramist of Caltagirone G. Cultrera, the house is […] Book Now
- Villa Bonaccorso – La Dimora An oasis of tranquility immersed in nature in the foothills of Mount Et Villa Bonaccorso – La Dimora is a luxurious nineteenth-century residence, located in Viagrande.The hilltop village of ancient traditions, characterized by a building of a certain elegance, withmany houses full […] Book Now